One of the youngest painters of our time Karolina Savolt is exhibiting her works through a digital canvas “Immerse into Karolina’s Universe” at Kanvas Art gallery in Al Quoz. The exhibition runs until 31st October’22.
One can’t help admiring her vibrant artworks mostly with a feminine figure as the focal point with golden leaves and it is hard to believe that these are created by an adolescent.
We met up with the sauve, articulate and one of the youngest painters of our time, Karolina Sávolt who was born in Budapest, Hungary in 2010. “I believe it is crucial to emphasize environmental and animal conservation through my art from a young age, which is why these motifs frequently appear in my works. This collaboration with Kanvas Art Gallery allowed us to recreate my work and present them in a different form. Video projection is a fantastic medium for showcasing my artwork to today’s tech-obsessed youth and providing older viewers with a window into the fantasy life of a young adult like me,” reckons Karolina who has already exhibited her artworks in Budapest in Hungary.
Kanvas, a new creative hub in Dubai, transforms the artworks by a 12-year-old Karolina Sávolt into a 20-minute immersive projection experience that transports viewers to the artist’s imaginary living room. The video art exhibition features eight oil paintings showcased in a new digital perspective reflecting a young girl’s fantasy depicted in feminine figures, fairy-tale-like creatures, geometric patterns, and vibrant colours. Titled “Karolina’s Universe,” the free-admission show runs until October 31 at Kanvas in Al Quoz.
A brilliant student, a tennis champ and a skilful artist, Karolina is already inspiring her fellow mates into taking up art seriously. When asked if she would like to pursue art as a career, she reckons, “All I know is that painting will always be a big part of my life.”
Here are a few excerpts from the interview with Karolina Savolt-
- Karolina always loved drawing but she started painting rigorously during Covid period. Within a span of two and a half years, she has churned out over thirty masterpieces in oil and mixed medium.
- The self-taught artist has been studying different styles of paintings on the internet and is particularly inspired by the renaissance painters, especially the famous painter Michelangelo.
- She has already had her first exhibition in home town Budapest, Hungary in this spring and two of her paintings are slated to be auctioned soon.
- Karolina is also a rigorous tennis player.
- Karolina is a great advocator of preserving the environment and the message comes across in her paintings replete with animal figures and nature.
Leave a Reply